Eating a lot while losing weight, I first heard this phrase when I joined the group in SparkPeople.com. The SparkPeople.com is a website offering people tools to reach their targeted goals in losing weight through healthy ways and without food deprivation. One of the posts in SparkPeople.com discussed the phrase of eating a lot but losing weight in the process. They provided examples of food with high calories and gave a substitute of those foods with low calories. Instead of eating unhealthy food that provide more calories that you need in a day, try to substitute it with foods with little calories. It’s a win-win situation.
In my generation, I know that many of us have tried diet pills, some of my classmates in high school are bulimic and some are anorexic. Losing weight easily in a week or a month will return in just week or two but when you do it right, the results are more permanent and worth it.
What others don’t know and don’t understand is that a person who has a fast metabolism is people who never deprive themselves from eating. When you are losing weight and depriving yourself of food, your metabolism slows more because the metabolism’s ability to burn energy and fat comes from our food intake every day. Therefore, when we don’t eat anything, the lesser they metabolize the fats in our body. It is imperative that everyone who is losing weight should eat frequently in smaller servings to teach their stomach to eat small and to give their metabolism a boost of energy for the entire day.
It takes 3500 calories to lose a pound, now losing an inch of from your waistline fast is very tricky because it doesn’t have guidelines; it mostly depends on the person’s body. That is why some people who lose weight, consult a doctor or a nutritionist for a specific recommendation.
For the general population that will make you lose weight without starving yourself to death is by eating foods with high fiber, low calorie, and high protein content. This kind of foods also has the minerals, vitamins, and nutrients that promote health. The way to satisfy your hunger and lose weight at the same time, you need to choose specific foods that will make you feel full and make you lose weight.
Below are lists of foods. Remember: Eat small frequent meals.
- Oats - According to the Australian research, Oats contain a dose of beta glucan and Peptide Y-Y, the hormone responsible for appetite control. Eating a cup of oatmeal gives you only 150 calories and it will give you the feeling of being full for hours.
- Banana - Is a very good source of glucose for energy in the morning before workout.
- Apple - Is very good choice of food for losing weight because of the big amount of Pectin and a high water content that gives you a sense of fullness, the best part about Pectin is it lowers LDL (Bad cholesterol), therefore protecting you from cardiovascular disease, lowers your blood sugar and Pectin delays the emptying of stomach.
- Sweet Potatoes – They have very high fiber content that will fill your stomach and will take time digesting. They will keep you alert and energetic not like other food that seems to make you lethargic when losing weight.
- Carrots - We all know that Carrots prevents Cancer but that’s not all. It also has a fiber that lowers cholesterol level, which helps prevent heart disease.
- Green Vegetables - Has low calories e and high fiber that contributes to the feeling of fullness. It improves your heart, helps in anti-aging, strengthens your immunse system, fights of cancer, and has lots of nutrients.
- Tuna – Has a high protein and low calorie content. The protein gives you the feeling of fullness after eating. Choose water packed tuna rather than the oil packed tuna because the Omega-3 is wasted away in oil. Adding tuna in your diet will keep extra weight off for a lifetime.
- Honey - Is a carbohydrate and have 22 amino acids and minerals that prevent obesity. Taking 1 to 2 tbsp of honey before bedtime or an hour before breakfast is a good tip for losing weight.
- Sunflower Seeds – Have Linoleic Acid that helps in cutting down your abdominal fat, and Tryptophan, an amino acid that releases serotonin in the brain. Making you feel full and improves your mood. Eating too much can be bad; you need to eat in moderation 1 oz of serving.
- Green Tea – Is one of the best and effective way to lose weight because of the antioxidant, Epigallocatechin Gallate (EGCG), and because of Thermogenesis, stimulating the burning of fats and releasing it as heat. Drinking Green Tea with exercise is advisable. It targets the stubborn fat in your stomach first. If you don’t exercise, you can still lose weight but slowly.
- Beans – Is the best choice to lose weight because it provides everything, it high fiber, low calorie, and high protein content. The other good reason for eating beans is it contains Carnitine. It burns fat before it gets absorbed by the body.
â€‹Eat your Beauty Foods not just to look gorgeous, but to defend yourself from disease.